School Advisory Council
6611 Country Club Middle School
Verified EESAC Meeting Minutes for: 12/12/2007 08:20 AM
Please contact the school for a formatted hard copy of these minutes.
Recording Secretary: Niesha Mack-Freeman
Location of meeting: Country Club Middle School Media Center
Was a quorum established? Yes
Was the meeting advertised? Yes, 11/10/2007
Bueno, Jose (Principal)
Harris, Martha (Assistant Principal)
Conroy, Denise (Union Steward)
Belkin, Linda (Teacher)
Covone, Gina (Teacher)
Hildenbrand, Susan (Teacher)
House, Karen (Teacher)
Mack-Freeman, Niesha (Teacher)
Riley, Sherry (Alternate Teacher/Paraprofessional)
Mesa, Ivonne (Educational Support Employee)
Cartwright, Judy (Parent)
Hobson, Annmarie (Parent)
Humer, Michael (Student)
Olivera, Carlos (Alternate Student)
Members Absent (Excused):
Pino, Marisol (Alternate Educational Support)
Fernandez, Hilda (Parent)
Gonzalez, Haylen (Parent)
Lawrence, Nadine (Parent)
Reinhart-Incera, Cynthia (Parent)
Freeman, Adrian (Business/Community Representative)
Rodriguez, Orlando (Business/Community Representative)
Members Absent (Unexcused):
No one had an unexcused absence.
No one else was present.
The meeting was opened at 8:30 am with the reading of the minutes by Niesha Mack-Freeman. The minutes were properly approved and seconded by Ms. Cartwright and seconded by Mr. Bueno.
There was a decision made by Mr. Bueno to change the plans of a BBQ into a Family Fun Day. This would take place during Saturday School.
There is a field trip scheduled for January 18 to Universal Studios. This is a teacherís work day. The cost is $20 per child. The students that are allowed to participate must have met the following requirements:
1) Moved up one level on the FCAT
2) No outdoor suspensions
3) Less than 3 days indoor suspension
4) No more than 10 absences
There will be pictures of each child available in case of emergency.
Mr. Bueno requested money to pay for t-shirts. He said that the maximum number of shirts would be $5. He noted that there would be approximately 150 students. It was approved with a motion by Ms. Hobson and seconded by Ms. Hildenbrand.
Ms. Belkin discussed a survey that we were required to complete. The following were the answers to the District & Community Survey:
1) Parent Portal; Parent Academy; Parent/Teacher Conference Days
2) Money/High Quality Teacher Recruitment & Retention
3) Security; Teacher Salary; Budget/Benefits
Ms. Harris then reviewed the School Improvement Plan. There was a PowerPoint Presentation presented on the Smart Board that illustrated our progress. The following information was discussed on the slides with the committee:
1) All is going well at Country Club Middle School. The work that we are doing shows that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
2) The data showed that we did well on the District Interim Assessment but we need to continue working. Ms. Harris reviewed the Edusoft data of each department to show the growth that was made.
3) Ms. Harris commended the security guards and the discipline committee on a great job in securing the campus and on the discipline of the students. There were a few bumps along the way but things are progressing well. In the middle January, we will have 76-68 video cameras installed. Each of these cameras will record for 31 days. The information will be stored on the computer hard drive.
4) With great excitement, Ms. Harris let us know that the band is growing and that physical education was on target.
Lastly, Ms. Harris informed the committee that there would be a State Visit on Friday and that she was not concerned due to the great job that we are doing. She knows that everything will be fine.
Motioned to dismiss by Mr. Bueno and seconded by Ms. Conroy at 8:57 am.