School Advisory Council
7571 International Studies Preparatory Academy
Verified EESAC Meeting Minutes for: 04/25/2013 04:25 PM
Please contact the school for a formatted hard copy of these minutes.
Recording Secretary: Marisol Marin-Restrepo
Location of meeting: ISPA - Media Center
Was a quorum established? Yes
Was the meeting advertised? Yes, 04/04/2013
Perez, Alejandro (Principal)
Bez, Lilliam (Teacher)
Iglesias, Caridad (Teacher)
Marin-Restrepo, Marisol (Teacher)
Rodriguez, Deanna (Teacher)
Ruiz, Richard (Alternate Teacher/Paraprofessional)
Luna, Diana (Parent)
Mazloum, Sylvain (Parent)
Mazloum, Muriel (Alternate Parent)
Zanaska, Steven (Student)
Members Absent (Excused):
Calvo, Tamara (Educational Support Employee)
Martin, Onelio (Alternate Educational Support)
Luque, Thais (Parent)
Medina, Yuli (Parent)
Mazloum, Muriel (Alternate Parent)
Maziak, Noura (Alternate Student)
Bermudez, Miguel (Business/Community Representative)
Jacobs, Melissa (Business/Community Representative)
Members Absent (Unexcused):
No one had an unexcused absence.
International Studies Preparatory Academy at Gables (ISPA)
April 25, 2013
Approval of minutes from prior EESAC meeting on March 14, 2013
School Improvement Plan 2012-2013 Review ad Updates
EESAC By-Laws Review and Approval
EESAC Composition for 2013-2014
School Improvement Plan Waivers
Open Forum/New Business
II. Call to Order
Mr. Perez called the EESAC committee meeting to order at 2:30 p.m., on April 25, 2013, at International Studies Preparatory Academy at Gables (ISPA).
III. Roll Call
Mr. Perez, Mrs. Iglesias, Ms. Rodriguez, Ms. Bez, Mr. Courel, Mr. Alvarez, Mrs. Marin-Restrepo, Ms. Lugo, Ms. Franco, Mr. Mazloum, Ms. Ervin, Mrs. Luna, Ms. Calvo, Mr. Ruiz, Camila Oliva, and Steven Zanaska.
IV. Approval of Minutes from March 14, 2013
First by Ms. Iglesias and Seconded by Mr. Hernandez
Minutes from March 14, 2013 were approved by all members.
V. School Improvement Plan 2012-2012 Review and Updates
Copies are available from Mr. Perez upon request.
School continues to monitor School Improvement Plan and the goals and objectives selected at the beginning of the school.
The school is waiting for the results of the Writing FCAT exam.
VI. EESAC By-Laws Review and Approval
No changes were made to the EESAC By-Laws
VII. EESAC Composition for 2013-2014
The student Noura Maziak has been replaced for the student Camila Oliva
The parents Enza Michienzi, Rocio Bustamante, and Yuli Medina are no longer part of the committee. Diana Luna will parent representative and Muriel Mazloum will be Alternate Parent.
VIII. School Improvement Plan (SIP) Waivers
The school continues to monitor SIP and will update goals and objectives with the new data upon available.
IX. Committee Updates
The PTSA will conduct one more activity before the end of the year.
X. Open Issues
1. Mr. Perez stated for 2013-2014, we expect to have 275 students.
2. Students will participate in the trip to Italy next year.
3. The school is taking students to St. Augustin to celebrate the 500 years of Spanish colony.
4. On June 4th, the school will have the ceremony awards at 6:00pm.
5. Students will go on September 24th, 2013 on college tours throughout Florida.
6. Mr. Alvarez talked about the Spanish Fair for the last week of school, where groups of ten students will participate in games, will obtain prizes, with the goal of having students to learn more about Spains culture.
7. Mr. Fulley, a John Hancock representative, talked about the importance of planning for retirement and offered possible counseling if needed.
8. Mr. Bez made a motion to adjourn the meeting, and Ms. Iglesias seconded the motion.
Minutes submitted by: Mrs. Marin-Restrepo