School Advisory Council
7571 International Studies Preparatory Academy
Verified EESAC Meeting Minutes for: 05/16/2019 02:30 PM
Please contact the school for a formatted hard copy of these minutes.
Recording Secretary: Montserrat Ledo
Location of meeting: Media Center
Was a quorum established? Yes
Was the meeting advertised? Yes, 09/10/2018
Diaz-Blanco, Alina M (Principal)
Alamo, Ana (Teacher/EESAC Chair)
Ledo, Montserrat (Teacher)
Lozano, Diana (Parent)
Bautte, Luisa (Parent)
Olmos, Ignacio (Student)
Feiler, Mark (Business/Community Representative)
Pascal, Laura (Alternate Teacher)
Feiler, Mylene (Teacher)
Harrison, Naomi (Business/Community Representative)
Martin, Onelio (Alternate Educational Support)
Calvo, Tamara (Educational Support Employee)
Machado, Nylien (Alternate Student)
Rodriguez, Deana (Alternate Teacher)
Members Absent (Excused):
Martinez, Maria (UTD Steward/Teacher)
Loucel, Karen (Parent)
Hepworth, Mary (Parent)
Ledo, Onil (Alternate Parent)
Ornia, Pedro (Alternate Student)
Members Absent (Unexcused):
No one had an unexcused absence.
Diaz, Felicia (Assistant Principal)
Lozano, Isabella (Student)
IV. Approval of Minutes from April 4, 2019
- Mr. Feiler made a motion to approve the minutes, and Mrs. Feiler seconded the motion.
- Minutes from April 4, 2019 were approved unanimously.
V. School Improvement Plan 2018-2019
- The SIP is in its last phase. It was given to all departments for suggestions and then finalized.
- The SIP was reviewed by EESAC members.
- Goals for this year were reached, however we will continue to work to better ourselves.
- Improvement is still needed in data-driven instruction and differentiated instruction.
- Ignacio Olmos made a motion to approve the 2018-2019 SIP, and Ms. Pascal seconded the motion.
- Motion was approved unanimously.
VI. EESAC Budget
- Ms. Alamo presented to EESAC the exact amount used for awards End-of-Year Awards Ceremony:
- End of Year Awards Ceremony Venue - $750
- End of Year Awards - $934
- Silver Knight Awards - $105
- Class Officer/Capstone/Special Awards - $257.75
- Awards Ceremony Invitations - $90.18
- At the previous meeting, it was suggested that students be surveyed for their preference of agenda size. Results of the survey were as follows:
- Of 196 responses, 60.7% of students do not use the ISPA Agenda.
- Of 196 responses, 66.8% of students do not use their own agenda.
- Of 196 responses, 68.7% of students prefer a 5 x 8 sized agenda.
- Of 196 responses, 31.3% of students prefer an 8 ½ x 11 sized agenda.
- Ms. Alamo suggested the previously allocated $2000 not be used for agendas, and instead use $900 for Graduation programs, and leave the balance to be used for next year.
- A suggestion was made to have a select number of agendas for students who may need them.
- Ms. Pascal made a motion to approve $900 of funds to be used for Graduation programs and leave the balance to be used for next year. Ms. Feiler second the motion.
- Motion to use $900 of funds to be used for Graduation programs and leave the balance to be used for next year unanimously approved.
VII. General Information
- New Student Orientation Meeting will be next Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
- SGA Officers will be present to speak with parents and students.
- PTSA store will be open for incoming students and parents to purchase items.
- College signing day was a success.
- There will be a YouTube link available with the Senior video.
- Last event before graduation will be Senior Spirit Week, taking place next week.
- There will early dismissal on the last three days of school.
- Book bags will not be allowed during those days.
VIII. PTSA Update
- PTSA had no updates for this meeting.
X. New Business
- ISPA UTD members voted for a new UTD Steward, Ms. Lourdes Menendez.
- She will attend EESAC meetings next year as UTD Steward.
- Mr. Feiler moved to adjourn the meeting and Mrs. Feiler seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 3:20pm.